Release 2.1.8 - Release Notes (09 September 2019)
- ISO templates can now be supplied through the Sunlight template manager.
- Use and Boot functionalities provided through a CD/ISO are now available during the creation of an instance.
- Attach/detach CD/ISO actions for each instance are now available through the options menu.
- A progress indicator bar during the downloading process of a template has now been added.
For further information please visit the following link: CD/ISO Image Capabilities.
For more information on supported features please visit the following link : Supported Features for version 2.1.8.
- Added UI Informative validation errors for attaching/detaching CD/ISO actions
- Improved the deletion functionality of a group of notification messages-alerts
- No need for IP configuration of physical NIC networks assigned through external DHCP.
- Improved handling of open VNC connections to a VM instance.
- Improved mouse responsiveness of VNC console for windows VMs.
- Improved credentials identification in the "Add template repository" option.
- Implemented state notification messages during the lifecycle of a template repository.
In Development - targeted for an upcoming release
- Accurate statistics reporting (disk IO, network IO, CPU utilisation reporting) for all instances.
- Multi-user support with Role Based Access Control.
- Striping of volumes across multiple physical NVMe drives, in order to enable larger volume capacity and enhanced single drive performance to more than 1 Million IOPs.
- Increased NIC speed support to 25/50/100gbit. Revisions of supported hardware are planned throughout 2019, in order to accommodate faster NIC speeds. Sunlight will be releasing a custom 100gbit/s acceleration card aiming at significantly enhanced virtualised NIC performance.
- Multi-LUN aggregation support (creating super LUNs consisting of many smaller LUNs that can span physical NVMe drives for increased capacity).
Compatibility and Limits Matrix
Please visit the following link for further information: Compatibility and Limits Matrix for version 2.1.8
- The operation of 'Add/Remove Virtual Network Interface' which refers to the ability of the user to attach or delete a virtual network interface (VIF) from the UI is disabled temporarily in case of a user creates a VM instance booting from CD/ISO.
- A validation error is wrongly reported as "Image not found" in the UI when a user creates a VM instance with option boot from CD/ISO and chooses to detach this CD/ISO after installation process.
- The network cannot be auto configured for a VM instance booted from CD/ISO in case of this network is assigned as static or internal DHCP. This custom configuration should be done during the installation process of the VM by the user.
- In order to change the state from "Detach Cd Rom" to "Attach Cd Rom" in the actions menu, when the user detaches a CD/ISO from an instance, a web page refresh is required. There is no need for a page refresh when the "Attach Cd Rom" action is performed.
- The Instance VM need to be shut down before proceeding to any attach/detach actions
- The maximum virtual disk size supported by the system is 2TB.
- Simultaneous resizing of multiple VM instances is not currently supported.
- Resizing of a VM and selecting a flavor which consists of the exact same resources, is not currently supported.
- Support for adding multiple NICs to a VM is provided only in Windows instances.
- Centos-6 hvm template image is not currently supported in this version (2.1.8).
- The option 'External', referring to the DHCP type during the configuration of a virtual private network (VIF) is not currently supported.
- During the upgrade phase, master and slave nodes are required to be powered down. Currently, upgrade is performed manually by the Sunlight support team.
- Failover of network traffic between physical ethernet ports is not currently supported in this release. All 10 GBit ethernet ports must be connected for optimum product performance. Multi-user and RBAC are not supported in this version.
- It is recommended that the maximum number of instances created in a cluster (all at once) should be limited to less or equal than 8. An issue related to large scale clusters is currently being investigated.
- The implementation of separate partitions on a physical disk is not supported.
- Please use “SHIFT” instead of the “CAPS LOCK” button for capital letters, when typing the login/password of an instance through the VNC console. Using the “CAPS LOCK” button currently results in misspelled username/password.
- We suggest users to create as many VM instances as the range of the IP addresses that can be provided in the network configuration. In case there are no available IP address, a newly created VM instance will fall into an error state.
- In order to properly configure and access the Windows instances, it is required to execute the procedure described in the following link: Windows VM instance Configuration. Please pay particular attention to Step 4, regarding the Network configuration of the VM instance.
- In the event of a manual master failover, the process of downloading and initializing the Windows image can be performed through the instance template management repository, as it is described in the following document: Create Template Repository.
- In order to create a Windows VM, it is advised to choose the flavour named 'windowsFLV', which is specifically optimised with sufficient resources for the windows VM.
GPL Code Patches
Τhe modified GPL code patches used in this release are available at: GPL Code Patches Release 2.1.8