Windows VM Configuration
This section describes the procedure that is required to be executed so that a user will be able to configure properly and access the Windows instances.In order to succeed that, it is needed to follow the next steps.
STEP 1 : Check the Network Configuration (DHCP TYPE)
You need to find out if there is any DHCP server active on your network. If not, It is needed to configure the Windows instances manually. Step 4 describes precisely how it can be done.
STEP 2 : Press CTRL-ALT-DEL button to connect to the VM from console.
Click on the windows created instance , select console and press the button Ctrl+Alt+Del to connect to the VM as shown in the following image.
STEP 3: Connect using the following credentials:
Username: administrator Password: pass123
STEP 4: Set IP for static network configuration:
If you have configured the physical network interfaces - NIC0/NIC 1 as external and there is an active DHCP server connected on the Network just ignore this step and proceed to step 5. On the other hand, If you have configured the physical interface as static, you need to make extra Windows Network configurations manually as it is descibed below.
- First of all, press the Networks tab , check and get the Gateway IP address as it is highlighted by a cicle in the next image
For instance in this case the Gateway IP address is : 220.127.116.11
- Press Instances tab, check the windows instance that created and get the mentioned instance's IP address as it is indicated into the red cicle in the next image.
As you can observe in this case the Instance IP is : 18.104.22.168
- As you are connected to Windows VM, press the start button and go to the Control Panel
- Press Network and Internet Settings
-In next step, press Network and Sharing Center
- Now press Change adapter settings:
- Press right click on "Local Area Connection" and select "Properties"
- Double click on “Internet Protocol Version 4”
-Now you are able to set the IP settings according to your network configuration based on Gateway and instance IP address that you examined from previous steps. All the other parameters have to be exactly the same with the following image as a prototype.
- -Click “OK” on the opened windows to save the settings.
* STEP 5: Accept firewall rules
You need to press “start” button and write on the search bar “Windows Firewall with Advanced Security”.
Select the inbound rules in the top left of the page as illustrated in the below image
-Choose Public Profile and press “Enable Rule” on the following rules:
a)Remote Desktop - shadow (TCP-IN) b)Remote Desktop - User mode (TCP-IN) c)Remote Desktop - User Mode (UDP-IN)
- In order to apply the “Public profile” for all the mentioned rules you need to press double click on each rule and from Advanced settings apply only Public profile